Support our work and become a donor
Our independence from popular thinking and investor influence keeps us grounded in reality and focused on change that can truly make a difference.
Support CATF’s work to safeguard against the worst impacts of climate change by catalyzing the rapid global development and deployment of low-carbon energy and other climate-protecting technologies through research and analysis, public advocacy leadership, and partnership with the private sector.
Explore these ways to give
Should you or your philanthropic advisor have questions or need assistance, please contact our Development Department at [email protected], and they will respond promptly.
Donations by Mail
CATF is able to accept donations via check made out to Clean Air Task Force and sent to our finance headquarters:
Clean Air Task Force
114 State Street, 6th Floor
Boston, MA 02109
CATF has partnered with effective altruism organizations to accept donations in the following countries:
- Australia: Effective Altruism Australia, Environment
- Czech Republic: Effectiv Spenden
- Germany: Effektiv Spenden
- The Netherlands and Belgium: Doneer Effectief
- New Zealand: The Gift Trust
- Spain: Ayuda Efectiva
- Sweden: Ge Effektivt
- Switzerland: Effektiv Spenden
- UK and the Netherlands: Giving What We Can
Directly transfer funds to our account using domestic or international currency. Please contact us at [email protected] for account numbers and transfer instructions.
Charitable Family Funds and Donor Advised Funds (DAFs)
Designate a gift from your donor-advised fund (DAF) today to advance the pragmatic technology and policy-based solutions we need to help manage climate change.
Should you or your philanthropic advisor have questions or need assistance please contact us at [email protected]
Donors may support our work through a gift of stock or other securities. Please request a stock gift transfer through your broker using the following information:
Account/Beneficiary: Clean Air Task Force, Inc.
Account Number: 501-054998-418
DTC Number: 0015 (Morgan Stanley)
DTC Information: Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
PO Box 13875
Philadelphia, PA 19101-3875
Investment Contact: Sheryl A. Pape
Please be certain to add your name in the memo section for securities transfers so we will know the appropriate organization/individual remitting the donation. For questions, assistance, or notification of donations, please email [email protected]
To help you get started on your plans and legacy, you can use FreeWill, an online tool that guides you through the process of creating a legally valid will or trust. It’s easy to use, accessible online, and can be completed in 20 minutes. This tool makes it easy to designate a gift to the Clean Air Task Force to support our mission for years to come.
Qualified Charitable Distributions
Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCDs), also known as IRA Charitable Rollovers, are a great way for CATF supporters aged 70.5 or older to maximize their charitable impact. These gifts are tax-free, regardless of whether you itemize deductions on your tax return.
You can use this trusted giving tool to make your tax-free donation online, print out the forms you need to complete the gift offline, or learn more about the benefits of giving QCDs.
Did you know that thousands of companies across the United States (and some internationally) match donations by employees to our organization? And some businesses match gifts for spouses, retirees, and part-time employees as well!
Clean Air Task Force’s employer matching gift program provides an easy way increase the impact of your donation through corporate matching gifts. When you make a donation to CATF, your company can double, triple, or even quadruple the value of your generous gift in a manner of minutes.
10 reasons why CATF is a good match for your charitable gift
CATF is 100% powered by philanthropic support from individuals, foundations, corporations, and collaborative funding groups from around the world. Thanks to the generosity of people like you who care deeply about addressing climate change and decarbonizing the energy system, we have the resources and talent to forge key pathways for transformation in climate action, including:
- Fighting coal in the U.S. and globally through a highly strategic and scalable campaign that has helped to retire more than one third of U.S. coal-fired power plant capacity over the last decade.
- Cutting methane emissions by harvesting new scientific evidence on the dangers of methane, launching the first global effort to manage methane, and developing the only methane mitigation planning digital platform to help countries estimate and reduce methane emissions from their oil and gas industries.
- Mainstreaming carbon capture and storage (CCS) as key technologies to control pollution from fossil fuels and decarbonize heavy emitting industries by informing and advocating for effective policies.
- Putting nuclear energy back on the climate and energy security agenda by conducting research and analysis and developing the conditions for advancements in the industry.
- Amplifying zero-carbon fuels like hydrogen and ammonia as climate solutions for hard-to-electrify industries, including marine shipping, heavy-duty trucking, high-temperature industrial process heating, ironmaking, long-duration energy storage, and aviation.
- Initiating catalytic efforts to pioneer new clean energy solutions like superhot rock energy and fusion energy.
- Informing the U.S. climate agenda by playing a major role in designing and enacting the largest-ever funding initiatives for climate technology in U.S. history via the Inflation Reduction Act ($783 billion) and the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act ($1.2 trillion).
- Disrupting “business-as-usual” in Europe by creating the only options-based and industry-forward climate policy team in Europe to ensure that pragmatism trumps ideology.
- Catalyzing a new vision for an energy-independent and prosperous Africa by launching a visionary Energy and Climate Innovation in Africa program to support thought leadership, advance solutions to energy poverty, and catalyze climate innovation on the continent.
- Activating climate action in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region by developing and advancing key industry research and policy design, and facilitating partnerships that seek to advance the rapid adoption of decarbonization technologies.
Explore our current programmatic and regional efforts and funding opportunities.
25 years of climate impact
Harmful emissions are causing our planet to undergo an unprecedented and rapid change.
At CATF, we build momentum for solutions based on scientific evidence, intellectual integrity, and pragmatism.
Why you should donate to CATF
Our impact has been recognized by:
CATF is one of two global organizations working on climate change recommended for funding by Founders Pledge based on their Climate Change Cause Area Report. Founders Pledge did extensive evaluation on our organization and came up with the valuation of a donation to CATF would avert a tonne of CO2e for $0.10-$1. More about their evaluation can be found in their paper, with CATF’s impact beginning on page 88.
CATF was listed as one of six most high-impact, cost-effective, evidence-based organizations to donate to by Vox.
We're recognized as an effective climate organization.
CATF’s role in the environmental NGO ecosystem has often been to focus on sources of emissions that are neglected by other environmental NGOs, to conceive and design pragmatic campaigns to target those emissions, and to crowd in support from philanthropists and other larger environmental NGOs. CATF also produces high quality research, which is well regarded among the philanthropists, scientists, policy experts, and government bureaucrats that we have spoken to.Founders Pledge
In addition to its seriously impressive record of success and the high quality of its research, CATF does well on the neglectedness criterion: It often concentrates on targeting emissions sources that are neglected by other environmental organizations, and on scaling up deployment of technologies that are crucial for decarbonization, yet passed over by NGOs and governments. It was one of the first major environmental groups to publicly campaign against overlooked super pollutants like methane.Vox
CATF Forms and Financials
Clean Air Task Force will not share or sell a donor’s personal information with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations.
Clean Air Task Force will never share personal information unless the donor has given Clean Air Task Force specific permission to do so.
Who are CATF’s donors?
CATF appreciates the support we receive from individual donors, foundations and corporate foundations, which are enabling us to develop a decarbonized energy system and global carbon-free economy. Our donors’ contributions do not provide the ability to influence our mission or activities, and we do not seek or accept from funding sources that are antithetical to our mission.
To learn more about how to make an impact as a donor to CATF please contact [email protected].