POSITION: Campaign Associate, Super Pollutants
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Oil and Gas Campaign Manager
Location: Flexible within the European Union
Clean Air Task Force (CATF) is a non-profit global organization dedicated to the near-elimination of climate pollution from Earth’s energy, agricultural, waste and forest management systems.
CATF is highly respected for its deep expertise and research on energy and industrial systems and potential strategies, technologies, and policies that can radically shrink their impact on the planet’s atmosphere. Our team of 50+ experts and advocates (and global network of subject matter experts and civil society partners) put this research and knowledge into action by designing and supporting public policies that drive toward zero emissions. We also work directly with private industry to innovate in technology to make the path to zero emissions swift and affordable.
CATF is chartered in the U.S. and Netherlands, and operates globally throughout Europe, Asia, Canada, Latin America, and in multilateral international forums. CATF’s super pollutants initiatives aim to reduce pollutants, such as methane and black carbon that will have the greatest impact on warming the planet over the near term and offer the most promising targets for immediate cleanup. Taken together, efforts to reduce super pollutants globally could prevent more than half a degree C of warming, while also delivering numerous additional public health and ecological benefits.
A key focus of CATF’s Super Pollutants Program is to address the oil and gas industry, which releases millions of tons of methane and other harmful pollution into the air each year. Working in collaboration with other groups, CATF plays a unique role, using our extensive technical knowledge and analytic capabilities to advocate for the most effective policies to reduce emissions from this industry. We advocate directly with regulators and as participants in multi-stakeholder groups and international forums, while collaborating with partner groups to effectively encourage decision-makers to move policies forward.
The Research and Communications Associate will support the Super Pollutants Program’s methane campaign in the European Union. This position will require experience in data research as well as multimedia skills. Data visualization skills are not required, but instead this role requires an understanding of multimedia content, such as web-based video production platforms.
This person will directly support our European super pollutants team through a range of responsibilities, which include:
- Researching oil and gas infrastructure in Europe and around the world
- Acquiring health and demographic data across different European countries
- Managing our EU methane campaign website
- Editing and producing multimedia content (short videos, gifs, etc) for our campaign website and media outlets; potentially manage CATF website for the campaign moving forward
- Coordinating with local and national activists throughout Europe to support our methane campaign
- Organizing logistics for tours to oil and gas facilities for civil society groups, politicians, and media
- Social media content creation and channel management
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years’ experience
- Experience in climate or environmental advocacy a plus
- Familiarity with the oil and gas industry a plus
- Experience with Premier Pro or some other video editing software
- English fluency required, German, Italian, or another European language skill is a plus
- Interests in research, multimedia, and photography
- Self-starter, motivated, driven, and highly organized with keen attention to detail and consistent follow-through
COMPENSATION AND LOCATION:
This is a full-time, funding-dependent position. CATF offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. The location for this position is flexible within the European Union. CATF provides equal employment opportunities.
Please email a resume, referencing the position title, and cover letter including contact information for two to three professional and/or academic references to firstname.lastname@example.org.