TERMS: Full Time, Exempt
LOCATION: Boston, MA preferred
REPORTS TO: Operations Director
COMPENSATION: $55,000 – $65,000 depending on experience, competitive benefits
PURPOSE: CATF is an entrepreneurial, innovative, and global organization with highly decentralized senior-level professional staff. Our staff are located across the US and EU and, in more normal times, travel nationally and internationally frequently. This requires an entrepreneurial approach to anticipating needs and frequent engagement with staff, in order to help increase work output and minimize staff time spent on administrative tasks. The Operations Coordinator will be the go-to administrative support for the organization, overseen by the Operations Director.
- Organizational Operations Support:
- Support the Operations Director with various tasks that foster organizational effectiveness and cohesion such as assisting with managing our monthly all staff call, lining up presenters and sharing recordings and materials with staff; maintaining our intranet, keeping up to date centralized resources, guides, policies, and procedure documents; regular input/upkeep of a shared staff travel and events calendar; and drafting content, such as memos and all-staff emails, to clearly communicate to staff about operational matters.
- Maintain an operations binder, which is a centralized resource for our operations and administrative staff.
- Direct Administrative Assistance for Staff:
- Support staff with administrative items, including but not limited to scheduling, printing, shipping, supply procurement, and fielding calls/inquiries to the correct staff.
- Board Administrative Support:
- Assist with the development and project management of quarterly board meeting materials and maintaining a proper record of these materials for audit purposes.
- Virtual Office Management and IT Support:
- Facilitate virtual collaboration for staff, some examples include setting up virtual spaces for collaboration, helping staff to share and co-edit a document, or handling controls for online webinars.
- Serve as a resource for staff to better learn and utilize the tools available to improve their workflow and collaborative ability.
- Assist with the onboarding of new staff into our virtual office, setting up and training them on our suite of tools.
- Help with the selection and rollout of new virtual office tools.
- In the event of IT issues, connect staff with the available IT support, either from our 3rd party help desk provider or to customer support for the application, as the main point of contact for these services.
- Travel and Event Planning:
- Assist with booking travel and handling logistics for large events/meetings, such as a staff retreat, CATF-hosted conferences, and CATF board meetings. This includes booking flights, hotels, and meeting spaces, as well as arranging catering, group dinners, and other related events/outings for CATF staff, partners, and guests.
- Provide logistical support for program efforts, helping to schedule and arrange meetings, events, delegation visits.
- Vendor Relations/Procurement Support:
- Serve as a point of contact for key vendors for the organization and manage equipment and supply procurement through the finance team, while keeping appropriate records and carefully managing expenses.
- Manage a purchasing card for these business expenses.
- Office Management (Based on Location):
- Handle day-to-day administrative needs for the office, such as mail management and forwarding, supply procurement, and being the point of contact for service vendors (water delivery, recycling, etc.).
- Liaison to the landlords, coordinating maintenance, vendors, and repairs as needed.
- Oversee the upkeep of office equipment and furniture, ensuring timely maintenance and servicing occur.
- Handle in office meeting needs for events hosted in our office, including catering, video conferencing, and other setup requirements.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of work experience in administration, operations, or related field
- Proficiency in the use of Office 365/Microsoft suite of applications, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and online document sharing and calendaring. Skilled use of Mac and PC operating systems.
- Experience planning and managing travel and event logistics
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Self-starter who enjoys taking initiative and helping others
- Consistent follow-through and a commitment to high-quality work
- Passion for CATF’s mission
CATF provides equal employment opportunities.