Manager/Senior Manager Development Operations
POSITION: Manager/Senior Manager Development Operations
TERMS: Full Time, Exempt. Competitive compensation and benefits package.
LOCATION: Fully Remote
REPORTS TO: Director of Donor Impact
PURPOSE: CATF is an innovative and rapidly growing environmental non-profit organization with operations and staff around the world. With a continuously expanding network of international professional partners, we receive funding for our work from a variety of sources. In recent years, our individual donor base has grown significantly, and our program and budget projections will mean this growth will continue. To complement this growth, CATF’s Development department is seeking a leader for the organization’s Development Operations to ensure timely and accurate gift processing and acknowledgement to our donors and the design and implementation of best-in-class systems to support this critical function.
Gift Process and Acknowledgement Systems Management:
- Leads the process of receiving, recording, processing, reconciling, and acknowledging all contributions to CATF, including reviewing work completed by Development staff members to ensure accuracy of data prior to delivery
- Design and establish systems to streamline gift entry and acknowledgement processes, providing direction for gift processing specialist and in partnership with senior development coordinator.
- Edit and maintain documentation for all Data Entry/Processing procedures.
- Leads overall gift entry function in preparing and delivering accurate annual tax substantiation letters, including giving reports, ad-hoc constituent giving reports, and working with external vendors as needed
- Perform data entry of new and updated information into the database as needed
- Collect donor/donation data from many third-party fundraising platforms, develop and complete bulk upload processes, ensuring data integrity
- Lead ongoing data hygiene and management, seeking out tools and external services to ensure accurate data and insights
Prospect Management and Campaign/Moves Management
- Lead assigning new prospects and establish prospect recommended process with major gift officers and other fundraising officers
- Support development gift campaigns within the CRM in partnership with the development team
- Provide research of major donors and corporate prospects
- Design and sustain moves management function in CRM for all assigned prospects working with major gift officers and other fundraising officers on their annual solicitation plans and key stewardship dates
- Populate and maintain development stewardship, solicitation calendars and other major CRM tracked efforts
- In partnership with Director of Donor Impact establish fundraising pipelines and strategies to support strategic development program growth and campaigns
Analysis and Reporting:
- Develops, generates, and disseminates critical weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and fundraising reports in partnership with the Senior Development Coordinator
- Assess and provide data on performance of engagement and fundraising and engagement activities.
- Provide the best possible data solutions to the fundraising teams. Primary duties include extracting and analyzing data, analyzing trends, and other support of CATF’s fundraising teams.
- Regularly audit procedures with the fundraising teams to ensure data integrity.
- Create custom data output files using standard database output tool or other tools as required.
Application Support and Training:
- Advise organization on best practices for using CRM in partnership with Senior Development Coordinator
- Provide ongoing support and in person training to users of CRM including creating and maintaining training materials for CRM in partnership with Senior Development Coordinator
Desired Education and Experience
- Five or more years’ experience in non-profit relational database management experience required, such as Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, or similar. Salesforce experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and professional experience.
- Professional work experience and/or interest in fundraising, project management, databases, and systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates initiative and a solution-focused attitude while positively contributing to our team work environment.
- Provide leadership and work direction to colleagues while maintaining strong team relationships and consistent work product.
- Ability to understand and take direction and ask questions as needed to clarify work.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized and methodical.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills and relationship-building skills to effectively work with a diverse variety of people and personalities.
- Self-initiated and able to plan and manage own work and propensity to teach oneself and look for answers to questions on own.
- Learn new skills quickly and develops abilities as necessary to contribute to an entrepreneurial organization.
- Understands confidential nature of organization information and maintains highest standards of integrity and confidentiality.
- Requires proficiency in the use of Office 365/Microsoft suite of applications, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and online document sharing and calendaring.
Physical Requirements Necessary to Perform This Job
- Ability to view a computer screen and use computers for long periods of time.
- Hear and speak in order to use telephone and communicate with people both in and out of the office environment.
- Sit at desk for extended periods.
- Apply manual dexterity for computer keyboarding and office equipment use.
- Visual ability to review detailed reports and information.
- Physical ability to move around office area repeatedly throughout the day.
- Flexible work hours requiring work in excess of 40 hours/week when necessary.
- Must be willing and able to work and attend events on evenings and weekends as needed.
Please follow this link to submit a resume, cover letter referencing the position title, and contact information for two to three professional and/or academic references.
CATF provides equal employment opportunities.