TITLE: Govenment Affairs Junior Associate, Europe
LOCATION: Brussels preferred; other locations considered.
EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree, 1-3 years relevant experience
Clean Air Task Force (CATF) is an independent and international non-profit global organization focused on driving the change in technologies and policies needed to get to climate neutrality as soon as possible. CATF is highly respected for its deep expertise and research on energy and industrial systems and potential strategies, technologies, and policies that can radically shrink those systems’ impact on the planet’s atmosphere. Our team of experts and advocates put this research and knowledge into action by designing and advocating for public policies that drive toward zero emissions. We also support policies and work directly with private industry to innovate in technology to make the path to zero emissions swift and affordable.
CATF is chartered in the US and Netherlands. It also operates globally through work with partners in Europe, Asia, Canada, Latin America, and in multilateral international forums ranging from the International Maritime Organization to the International Energy Agency to the Climate and Clean Air Coalition to the Responsible Steel Coalition.
CATF has been expanding its presence in the EU these last years and seeks to strengthen its advocacy efforts at the EU level. Current areas of focus include advancing zero-carbon fuels, methane pollution, and carbon capture and storage and advanced geothermal energy.
Learn more about our efforts here: https://www.catf.us/work/.
The Government Affairs Junior Associate will work under the supervision of the Government Affairs Manager and work closely with European communications staff, project leaders and issue experts based in Europe and the United States, and European partner organizations to help execute advocacy strategies in support of CATF’s program goals and objectives in the region. This is a junior position that offers opportunities for growth in responsibilities in the team.
Primary duties and responsibilities of this position:
- Policy Monitoring – Follow the relevant legislative and policy initiatives at the EU level and in key EU member countries;
- Strategy implementation – Support the EU team in the execution of advocacy strategies towards the EU Institutions;
- Organisational and administrative tasks – Organise and coordinate outreach meetings with policy makers;
- Written Materials – Write and/or edit comment letters, fact sheets, blog articles, and other materials for internal and external dissemination;
- External relations – Reach out and cooperate with policy makers and NGOs networks;
- Research and analysis – ad hoc research and analysis of key EU policies;
- Networking – Follow up on a network on energy and climate in Brussels
Skills/Experience/Education necessary for the position:
- University degree in EU studies or similar;
- 1-3 years of experience in EU affairs;
- Interest and experience in EU energy and climate policies is an advantage;
- English proficiency, other European language skills a plus;
- Ability to multitask;
- Excellent organizational skils ;
- Team spirit and good interpersonal skills;
- Good writing skills;
Please email a resume, referencing the position title, and cover letter, including contact information for two academic and/or professional references to email@example.com.
CATF provides equal employment opportunities.