Executive Administrator – Executive Team & Board Support
Position Title: Executive Administrator – Executive Team & Board Support
Reports To: Head of Administration
Type: Full-time position
Location: U.S., remote. This position requires U.S. residency.
Clean Air Task Force (CATF) is a nonprofit organization working to safeguard against the worst impacts of climate change by catalyzing the rapid global development and deployment of low-carbon energy and other climate-protecting technologies. This is accomplished through research and analysis, public advocacy leadership, and partnership with the private sector. CATF is highly respected for its deep expertise and research on energy and industrial systems and potential strategies, technologies, and policies that can radically shrink their impact on the planet’s atmosphere. Our team of 100+ experts and advocates (and global network of subject matter experts and civil society partners) put this research and knowledge into action by designing and enacting public policies that drive toward zero emissions. We also support policies and work directly with private industry to innovate in technology to make the path to zero emissions swift and affordable. CATF is headquartered in Boston, and has offices in Washington D.C. and Brussels with staff working virtually around world.
CATF’s Administrative team is responsible for providing excellence in service to support our growing organization with a wide range of administrative support including but not limited to global travel arrangements, expense reports, heavy calendar management, prioritizing communications, event logistics and participating in meetings to take minutes/notes and ad hoc projects as they arise. CATF is hiring an Executive Administrator – Executive Team & Board Support to provide excellence in executive officer-level administrative support in a virtually collaborative, fast-paced environment for our Executive team with a focus on support for CATF’s President, CEO and Chief of Staff. This role will additionally serve as support to CATF’s Board of Directors.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Oversight and management of complex scheduling working effectively across all time zones for coordination of extensive travel, meetings, and event logistics for Executive team
- Participate in President/CEO meetings and support their work, turning notes and conversations into draft materials for a range of audiences. This may include drafting all staff communications, providing meeting summaries for external collaborators/partners, sharing timely updates to funders/donors, etc.
- Complete expense and travel reports for Executive team
- Prepare talking points, presentations, and communications materials for Executive team
- Support Chief of Staff as requested with meeting scheduling, agendas, and preparation
- Serve as administrative liaison to the board in support of the Executive Team and Chief of Staff, assist with all CATF board administrative needs, such as meeting scheduling, agenda drafting, minutes taking and materials management; serve as a point of contact for the board ensuring timely and efficient communications
- Collaborate as a member of CATF’s administrative team on various administrative projects and special coverage needs; serve as point of contact for events taking place in U.S. including travel planning and forecasting, hosting meetings, webinars, and other administrative tasks as required
- Bachelor’s degree plus 12 (twelve) years of relevant experience required; 15 (fifteen) years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree
- Passion for CATF’s mission; experience in climate, environmental advocacy, and/or politics
- Demonstrated experience working with highly confidential, complex information in a global capacity for executive officers and board members
- Innate ability to streamline, synthesize, prioritize, and communicate ever-changing priorities
- Consistent follow-through, deeply organized and committed to high-quality work
- Exceptional time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to exercise discretion and solid, independent judgement
- Excellent written and oral communications, emotional intelligence, and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal command of English required, other languages a plus
- Flexibility to work across time zones; knowledge and experience with international travel requirements; ability to travel occasionally
- Technical proficiency required working within Microsoft Office Suite, including SharePoint and Teams; Salesforce/CRM and Concur experience preferred
- Comfortable working within a helix organizational structure
- Writing sample and excellent, verifiable references required
Compensation and Location:
This is a full-time, remote position within the U.S. CATF offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience.
Please follow this link to submit a resume, cover letter referencing the position title, and contact information for two to three professional and/or academic references.
CATF provides equal employment opportunities.