POSITION: Digital Media Senior Associate/Manager (DOQ), Communications
LOCATION: Flexible within the United States, Eastern time zone preferred
Clean Air Task Force (CATF) is seeking a skilled and experienced digital media manager or senior associate (depending on qualifications) to lead the day-to-day maintenance and the strategic development of our digital channels. The ideal candidate will have managed social media and websites for an advocacy organization or think tank in the past, be able to distill complex information into accessible language, understand different stakeholder audiences, exercise sound judgment, and work well within a team.
This position will report directly to the Communications Director, U.S., and will support all communications directors at CATF. It will also support all programmatic and development efforts across the organization’s various program areas and geographies, and present a coherent, engaging, and digital-savvy CATF to the world.
Manage CATF Social Media Channels
- Serve as primary social media manager for CATF
- Monitor and create daily content for CATF’s Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram channels
- Generate social media content in coordination with CATF’s public-facing campaigns, reports, and thought leadership
- Develop CATF’s digital strategy to increase social media followers, increase audience engagement, and enhance messaging to key audiences – including lawmakers, regulators, news media, other advocates, companies, donors, and potential donors
- Create and manage paid social media campaigns for CATF
- Help diversify CATF social media content, increasing use of video, graphics, and infographics, working in collaboration with consultants as needed
- Provide regular social media analytics updates to Communications directors
Manage CATF Website
- Serve as primary website administrator for CATF (a WordPress site)
- Coordinate with communications team and programmatic staff to post all press releases, blogs, reports, and other thought leadership to the CATF website in a timely manner
- Ensure CATF digital content is properly categorized and SEO optimized
- Coordinate with CATF communications directors, program directors, and consultants on periodic website updates as needed
- Proofread CATF content as needed
- Provide regular analytics updates to Communications directors
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in journalism, the humanities or environmental science
- Passion for CATF’s mission to decarbonize the global economy by mid-century
- 3-5 (Senior Associate) or 5-8 years (Manager) of experience managing digital media channels required, preferably in advocacy, clean energy, politics, or research.
- Technical familiarity with social media channels, particularly Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Familiarity with social media management software such as Hootsuite preferred
- Familiarity with WordPress, basic HTML preferred
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google Adwords
- Some graphic design or video production capabilities preferred
- Experience with technical/scientific writing and a demonstrated ability to clearly communicate complex topics to a general audience
- Strong writing skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent judgment
COMPENSATION AND LOCATION:
This is a full-time position. CATF offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. The location for this position is flexible within the United States, with preference given for those who can keep Eastern time-zone hours.
Please email a resume, subject line referencing the position title, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CATF provides equal employment opportunities.