Digital Communications Associate
Position Title: Digital Communications Associate
Reports To: Digital Media Manager
Location: Remote; flexible within Europe
Clean Air Task Force (CATF) is a nonprofit organization working to safeguard against the worst impacts of climate change by catalyzing the rapid global development and deployment of low-carbon energy and other climate-protecting technologies. This is accomplished through research and analysis, public advocacy leadership, and partnership with the private sector. CATF is highly respected for its deep expertise and research on energy and industrial systems and potential strategies, technologies, and policies that can radically shrink their impact on the planet’s atmosphere. Our team of 100+ experts and advocates (and global network of subject matter experts and civil society partners) put this research and knowledge into action by designing and enacting public policies that drive toward zero emissions. We also support policies and work directly with private industry to innovate in technology to make the path to zero emissions swift and affordable. CATF is headquartered in Boston, and has offices in Washington D.C. and Brussels with staff working virtually around world.
Clean Air Task Force (CATF) is seeking a skilled and experienced Digital Communications Associate to assist with the day-to-day operations and the strategic development of our digital channels. The ideal candidate will have worked with social media and websites for an advocacy organization or think tank in the past, be able to distill complex information into accessible language, understand different stakeholder audiences, exercise sound judgment, and work well within a team.
This position will report directly to the Digital Media Manager and will support all communications directors and managers at CATF. It will also support all programmatic and development efforts across the organization’s various program areas and geographies, and present a coherent, engaging, and digital-savvy CATF to the world.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and create daily content for CATF’s social channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram)
- Generate cross-regional and cross-programmatic social media content in coordination with CATF’s public-facing campaigns, reports, and thought leadership
- Help develop CATF’s digital strategy across regions to increase social media followers, increase audience engagement, and enhance messaging to key audiences – including lawmakers, regulators, news media, other advocates, companies, donors and potential donors
- Assist and work closely with vendors and other staff to design, implement and manage successful paid social media campaigns for CATF
- Work closely with Digital Manager and agency to develop social media playbooks and support goal setting
- Help diversify CATF social media content, increasing use of video, graphics, and infographics, working in collaboration with consultants as needed
- Work to identify and develop targeting and audience segmentation to support digital paid and organic strategies
- Conduct research and report on latest trends and best practices
- Knowledge of EU political and governance landscape is a plus
- Identify opportunities to expand social content and channels, including livestreaming, video opportunities, and more on YouTube, TikTok, and potentially other channels
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in journalism, the humanities, or environmental science
- Passion for CATF’s mission
- 5+ years of experience working with digital media channels, preferably in advocacy, clean energy, politics, or research
- Must be comfortable working English; additional German, French, Spanish or Italian language skills highly preferred
- Technical familiarity with social media channels, particularly Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Familiarity with social media management software
- Some graphic design or video production capability preferred
- Experience with technical/scientific writing and a demonstrated ability to clearly communicate complex topics to a general audience
- Strong writing skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent judgment
Compensation and Location:
This is a full-time position. CATF offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. The location for this position is flexible within Europe.
Please follow this link to submit a resume, cover letter referencing the position title, and contact information for two to three professional and/or academic references.
CATF provides equal employment opportunities.