TITLE: Development Officer or Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts Officer (DOQ)
TERMS: Full Time, Exempt
LOCATION: Remote, anywhere in the United States
REPORTS TO: Managing Director/Director, Donor Impact
PURPOSE: CATF is an innovative and growing organization with highly decentralized senior-level professional staff. CATF is global, our staff are located across the US and EU, we have a large network of international partners, and we receive funding for our work from a variety of sources around the world. Our expanding organization requires more support to ensure an exceptional donor experience that results in renewals, increased giving and new donor contributors.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in fundraising/development programs with deep understanding of nonprofit fundraising and program implementation.
- Proven track record of securing large contributions of five- and six-figures from high-net-worth individuals or foundations/corporations.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and activate donors based on their unique needs, building deep relationships that result in renewals, increased giving and new donor contributions.
- Exceptional written, oral and presentation skills when creating and editing fundraising collateral and communication pieces.
- A self-reliant and entrepreneurial leader who is also a team player that can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives that produce results.
- Commitment to high ethical standards, confidentiality, and personal integrity.
- Requires proficiency in the use of Office 365/Microsoft suite of applications, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and online document sharing, calendaring and fundraising CRM (Salesforce)
- Creative, Problem-solver, Organized, Detail-orientated, Conscientious, Superb Communicator
EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree, 5 or more years relevant experience
RESPONSIBILITIES: Clean Air Task Force (CATF) is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to join the organization’s growing Donor Impact team. The Development Officer will contribute to a development operation that is strategically meeting immediate and long-term fundraising needs focused on individuals. Reporting to the Managing Director and Director, Donor Impact, the incumbent will work with highly dedicated leaders across the organization to create and implement an integrated development strategy, sustaining current donor relationships and cultivating new opportunities to support CATF. A strong candidate will have experience in securing major gifts in the five- and six-figure range from individuals, foundations and/or corporations; a strong fundraising background working with nonprofits and foundations; and proven ability to meet year-over-year financial growth in support of the strategic direction of the organization.
- Solicit and steward high net worth individuals for one-time and multi-year support and investment, managing a portfolio of 150-200 new and existing donors.
- Develop and execute immediate and long-term programs and plans to increase giving and develop sustainable pipelines of funding
- Plan and implement CATF fundraising strategies, which may include annual appeals, principal and major donor programs, corporate grant proposals, events, and other fundraising efforts
- Thoroughly understand and articulate CATF’s mission, programs and strategies to key stakeholders
- Develop and implement strategies to leverage CATF’s experts in fundraising activities
- Oversee the creation and editing of development collateral, newsletters, and other stewardship materials as well as appeals and individual donor proposals, working with CATF staff on content as needed
- Contribute to an effective development process including maintaining donor contact records and development operations systems
- Be informed and educate colleagues on philanthropic, economic, and social trends related to fundraising and climate change issues
- Travel as required (overnight, domestic, and international)
Application Process and Timing:
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We will review applications on a rolling basis. Be prepared to provide references upon request.
CATF provides equal employment opportunities.