TERMS: Full Time, Exempt. Competitive compensation and benefits package.
LOCATION: Flexible, Boston-area preferred. (For Boston-area applicants, due to COVID this position will be remote for the time being but can transition to a full-time office or mixed remote and office schedule, following appropriate COVID guidance and safety protocols.)
REPORTS TO: Director of Foundation Giving
PURPOSE: Clean Air Task Force is an innovative, global climate advocacy organization with staff and programs in the US, Europe, Latin America, Africa, and China, and a growing base of foundation and individual donors in the US and abroad. CATF seeks to add the position of Development Assistant/Foundations to our existing fundraising team to support our grant application and administration processes.
EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree, 1-3 years relevant experience
The CATF Development Assistant/Foundations will report to the Director of Foundation Giving, but will interface regularly with CATF program leads, finance staff, and development colleagues on all aspects of foundation grant management. The Assistant’s primary responsibilities will be to ensure the proper administration of grant applications, execution, and reports as well as accurate and timely tracking of grant activity and deadlines in CATF’s CRM (Salesforce). The position will broadly assist in the overall management of both restricted and unrestricted grant fundraising goals.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate independent task management and problem-solving skills; a willingness to master current CATF practices and the initiative and creativity to improve them where needed; an ability to communicate clearly and proactively with colleagues; and capacity to respond efficiently and professionally to inquiries from our funders. This position will operate in a fast-paced environment, requiring a strong commitment to process and attention to detail, as well as flexibility and composure to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously and adjust plans quickly as new opportunities arise.
The core responsibilities of this role are:
- Grants Administration
- Under supervision of Director of Foundation Giving, develop and regularly update all support materials needed for all phases of grant fundraising—from prospecting, to proposal-making, to reporting.
- Track and manage deadlines in Salesforce, as well as reminders to program and finance staff.
- Work with operations, finance, communications, and other administrative staff to compose and regularly update a repository of organizational documents as needed for proposals and reporting submissions.
- Manage and update as needed CATF accounts at foundation online sites.
- Serve as secondary point of contact for foundation officers on relevant administrative matters.
- Assistant Development Team create regular fundraising update presentations to CATF Staff and Board.
- Grant Database Management
- Manage Salesforce grant data entry, including tracking of grant activity and foundation contact interactions, and ensure grant records are complete
- Regularly conduct data health checks and database upkeep
- Generate and share regular Salesforce reports
- Transfer closed grants history from CATF archived records to Salesforce.
- Maintain a list of key foundation contacts for communications/outreach
- Maintain related donation records and reports as needed for Development team
- CRM data entry and management experience – preferably Salesforce
- Grant/Development Administration
- Proficiency with Office 365/Microsoft suite of applications, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, online research tools, and online document sharing and calendaring
- Highly organized, with superb attention to detail
- Strong communicator to both internal and external audiences
Application Process and Timing:
Please send resume, with a brief cover letter that describes your interest and experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review applications on a rolling basis. Please be prepared to provide references upon request.
CATF is an equal opportunity employer.