Climate and Clean Energy Policy Implementation Director
POSITION: Climate and Clean Energy Policy Implementation Director
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Federal Policy Director
LOCATION: Washington, DC or Remote
Clean Air Task Force (CATF) is a non-profit organization working to safeguard against the worst impacts of climate change by catalyzing the rapid global development and deployment of low-carbon energy and other climate-protecting technologies. This is accomplished through research and analysis, public advocacy leadership, and partnership with the private sector.
CATF is highly respected for its deep expertise and research on energy and industrial systems and potential strategies, technologies, and policies that can radically shrink their impact on the planet’s atmosphere. Our team of 70+ experts and advocates (and global network of subject matter experts and civil society partners) put this research and knowledge into action by designing and enacting public policies that drive toward zero emissions. We also support policies and work directly with private industry to innovate in technology to make the path to zero emissions swift and affordable. CATF is headquartered in Boston, and has an office in Washington, with staff working virtually around the US and abroad.
We are looking for an experienced Climate and Clean Energy Policy Implementation Director to work on the implementation of federal climate and clean energy policies. The Climate and Clean Energy Policy Director reports to the Federal Policy Director and will be responsible for the overall success of implementation and advocacy on clean energy, innovation, and climate policy in Washington. The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader able to steer the organization to the most successful outcomes while also implementing its vision, mission and long-term goals for climate change. This role will be responsible for planning, designing, coordinating, and executing comprehensive federal policy work to achieve meaningful climate, innovation, and clean energy policy implementation in Washington. This position has an annual salary of $120,000-$150,000 commensurate with experience, in addition to competitive benefits.
- Develop and execute Clean Air Task Force’s federal climate and energy policy strategy around implementation of recent legislation and federal spending, in order to attain the deep decarbonization goals of the organization
- Provide strategic advice to organization leadership, board, and funders so they will have an accurate view of implementation of climate and energy policies in Washington
- Prepare and implement comprehensive federal implementation plans by planning and coordinating federal policy implementation operations across the organization
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with partner organizations, experts, and decision-makers; cultivate new relationships and create new coalitions to meet strategic implementation goals
- Oversee the organization’s federal climate and clean energy implementation performance
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure organization survival and growth in the federal climate advocacy sphere, with a focus on opportunities for policy implementation
- Occasional domestic travel
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven experience in policy design and implementation
- Thorough knowledge of federal policy and climate policy
- Strong understanding of measures of success in federal program implementation
- Excellent organizational skills • Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- BSc/BA in policy, business, or relevant field; MSc/MA/MBA will be preferred
- 7-10 years’ experience working with Executive Branch agencies on energy and climate issues; experience working with the Department of Energy preferred
Please follow this link to submit a resume, cover letter referencing the position title, and contact information for two to three professional and/or academic references.
CATF provides equal employment opportunities.